Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lunch time....yummy!

I just popped my lunch in the oven, a mini veggie pizza, and my does it smells yummy!

1 personal size pizza crust
Baby spinach
Tomatoes
Fat free cottage cheese
Oregano
Basil

I didn’t put exact amounts because honestly I just toss whatever amount looks good and hope for the best. Then I topped it with a red wine vinaigrette….

Red wine vinegar
Shallots, finely chopped
Dijon mustard
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper

I tossed in about a tablespoon of the vinegar, mustard and olive oil…maybe less of the vinegar depending upon how tangy you like it then I just chopped up one shallot and tossed some in to my liking.

So then assemble the pizza, drizzle on the vinaigrette and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. I’ve made a few variations of this with pita bread, adding chicken and using feta cheese. But I found the feta cheese to be a bit too tangy with the vinaigrette.

Today is one of those rainy, gray, stay at home and curl up with a blanket kind of days. We got a very loud storm last night. It didn’t wake me up by my dog nudging me in fear did. For such a big dog she can be such a scaredy cat. So I reassured her that everything was okay and gave her a little drink of water…sounds like I’ve got three kids rather than one. I’ve really got to shake off this rainy day funk and get to my housework so I’m sitting here sipping my pomegranate energy tea. I’m honestly not sure if it really does boost my energy but I figure it is worth a try plus it tastes really yummy! Well, with snuggle bug down for her nap and my lunch ready I guess I should skedaddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment