Thursday, January 6, 2011

Winter break is coming to an end

It feels like the winter break just started….. but it actually ends in a little over a week! ACK! Time flies when you’re having fun.

Almost two weeks with family in the house and then this last week has been spent trying to get the house back in order from the blissful chaos of the holidays. The hubby goes on a business trip in a few days and I get to spend a handful of nights crafting, cleaning and reading, some of my favorite things to do when he is away. Then come the 18th its back to school for me. I learned the hard way that it can be very difficult keeping a balance between home and school because school can really take over a person’s life. I’ve also realized that I very much miss a stay at home mom. I know getting an education is the right thing to do but I often miss staying at home to teach and play with Snuggle Bug. She is growing up so fast and it feels like I can’t keep up anymore. On a positive note, I think I’ve gotten my schedule spread out enough to actually be able to spend some time focusing on the house and family, rather than burying myself under homework when I walked in the door at 5:30pm like I did this past semester. You know you’re studying too much when your 2 year old tells everyone, “mommy is doing homework.”

I’m feeling pretty positive about 2011 and the spring semester. I only hope I can keep this positivity up.

No comments:

Post a Comment