Thursday, January 31, 2019

Whats Cookin' Good Lookin'?

Its almost Friday! How has your week been? Mine has been surprisingly productive despite the cold temps outside. One of the biggest goals here in the Fashionably Domestic home has been to stay warm!

I made the family a yummy meal this evening, full of fresh vegetables. We go through so many fruits and vegetables in this house.


Italian Sausage and Veggie Pasta

1 pkg. Italian Chicken Sausage 
1 Red Bell Pepper
A few tablespoons minced garlic
Splash (or 4) of white wine
1 Summer Squash, chopped
1 Zucchini, chopped
2 Heirloom Tomatoes, quartered 
1 can diced tomatoes, 15oz
Kale or Spinach(as preferred)
Italian Seasoning
Dried Minced Onion
Dried Fennel 
Dash of Milk
Salt and Pepper
Organic or Gluten Free rotini pasta

Fill pot with water and bring to a boil for pasta.

Heat pan, add olive oil and saute sausage and red pepper until peppers are soft. Add garlic and a few splashes of white wine and saute for a minute or two. Add squash and zucchini and cook until soft. Add can of tomatoes and season to taste with the garlic, onion, Italian seasoning and fennel. 

While that cooks, I sear the heirloom tomatoes in another pan then puree them in a food processor and add that to the pan of veggies and sausage. I also add a little water if it doesn't seem "saucy" enough for my taste. Add the greens, spinach or kale, dash of a milk and season as needed. Serve topped with red paper flakes and Parmesan cheese. 

If you can't tell, I'm a pinch of this and dash of that type cook so its difficult to really write out a detailed recipes. I owe that skill to my grandmother, truly one of the best home cooks I've ever met.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

In other news, Snuggle Bug is still on an obsessive carb binge. The positive thing is her doctor thinks it will help her gain weight, the down side is my bread machine is getting a workout and I just bought a waffle iron in hopes of saving money on her waffle habit. Fingers crossed it saves some money and who knows what new recipes I'll find on my new waffle making journey! 




No comments:

Post a Comment