Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!!!

Happy 4th of July!!!



Today is a day of mixed emotions for me. This day is usually one of the high points of my year. The hubby and I spend a few weeks with his family on the west coast. We enjoy the beach, weather, friends and family and then spend the 4th out on the beach doing his fireworks show. It’s a lot of work but we always have so much fun. This is the first time since we’ve been married that I haven’t spend this day covered in sand and dirt, loading shells, wiring things all for a 20 minute light display in the sky, that generally the hubby doesn’t even see until someone shows him the video.

This year I could have tried to make it out there, just Snuggle Bug and I, but it just didn’t seem right. I wouldn’t be working on a show with the hubby; I wouldn’t have him around as we ran for late night Mexican food, walked down the beach after I nag him to go, getting some In N Out burgers, grabbing some sushi, wander around the fair and all the things that make this time of year very special for me. A lot of the trip revolves around food and blowing things up apparently, hehe.

So in that spirit here are a few July 4th memories from the years past….

















Be safe and enjoy the 4th!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are missing your hubby. A special thanks to him for serving our country.. I am sure you are very proud. : )

    ReplyDelete