Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

The new year is approaching fast and as I run around my house this evening doing chores and making muffins for our morning breakfast I can’t help but think ahead to what the new year will bring and what changes I can make to make this new year a wonderful one for my family and I.




As a homemaker I sometimes find myself feeling like I’m not contributing to life. I often watch my husband with his career and feel like he is actually doing something for the world as I sit here. Sometimes it can be easy to feel like the countless hours spent mopping, sweeping, dusting; baking and everything else that goes into taking care of a home are a waste. Especially when the next day the house seems to become a mess again and I’m back to where I started the day before. I guess that brings me to my new year’s resolutions:

Appreciate. This year I’m going to try to appreciate the blessing I’ve been given of being able to take care of my family in the way that I do. Being able to be home with my child, making my family home cooked meals, keeping our home warm and full of love are just a few of the things I’m going to appreciate more.

Joy. I’m going to find joy in the little things in life. A clean kitchen. Folding laundry. Time spent with my family. I’m going to try to find joy in the things that I do everyday.

Embrace. I’m going to embrace my life and remember that what I do is valuable to my family and to myself. I’m going to learn not to find self worth in what people think I should be doing but in the fact that I know I’m doing the right things for the people I love.

There is so much to look ahead to for us this year with our upcoming move that I’m sure will bring on many life changes for us. I’m excited to take on whatever life brings my way in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment