Monday, December 14, 2009

Seasons Greetings!!

It’s the most wonderful time of the yearrrrrrrr!! I love this time of year! With the snow and lights and festive decorations it is such a happy season. It is also a very busy time of year! The hubby and I just got back from a week in Colorado and then two week long vacation in San Diego, with a little side trip to Las Vegas, and had such a wonderful time! We spent about a week in Colorado checking out the area we’re moving to and just seeing what the area has to offer. Let me just say I am so darn excited about this move I could burst! The area is beautiful being at the foot of a gorgeous mountain and the city has so much to offer. I really think our family could be very happy there. The post the hubby is being assigned to is also wonderful. Very pretty, small and clean. The entire week left us with a very good feeling about living there for the next 3+ years. We had about two weeks at home to rest before we packed up and flew to San Diego for Thanksgiving and two full weeks of lovely weather, family time and some yummy Thanksgiving food. The entire trip didn’t go without a minor disaster when Snuggle bug got very sick a few days after we got there. She started sleeping a lot and acting like she didn’t feel well then the fever started. Let me tell you seeing her temperature shoot up to 104.6 was so scary! Thankfully the doctors at a nearby hospital took good care of her and she was feeling better in no time. While we were in San Diego we took a quick side trip to Las Vegas while the hubby’s mom took care of Snuggle Bug. It was the first time since he has been back from deployment that we really got to spend some one on one time together. It can be nice to have some grown up time occasionally. As we were driving back from Las Vegas the hubby and I had a bright idea to stop at every tourist trap we could find and let me tell you we found some gems.
Now for some highlights from our trip…..

Here we have Alien Fresh Jerky. It is conveniently located right next to......
The World's Largest Thermometer! Nope, not joking. I'm standing in front of what is billed as the World's Largest Thermometer. They used to have a gift shop but sadly is was closed down :: sad face ::

Close up shot of the thermometer.

Then it was on to Calico Early Man Site.
Which apparently is closed on Tuesdays.
This was my personal favorite, Calico Ghost Town.
The hubby hanging out with the locals.


Sadly, this is the only picture of us in Las Vegas. We realized that on our way out of town and decided to snap one real quick, notice the car roof.

It was such a great trip and I've got so many more pictures to post in the coming days! I have been a terrible blog owner as of late I will admit. Once the hubby came home life got busy and my blogging has suffered quite a bit. But hopefully I can make a turn for the better and hop on here more. I've got so much more to share with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment