Thursday, March 11, 2010

Birthdays and Movers

Today is my birthday. The sad part is I’ve had to be reminded of that a few times earlier today because I completely forgot. It has been such a long day. Today is the official beginning of our big move to Colorado and I’m so excited and just so ready to get there and get settled. The movers came to pack us up and got to the house a little before 8am and spent the entire day there; finally finishing at around 5pm. I didn’t realize we had so much stuff! Tomorrow the movers will come back and pack all our stuff onto a truck and on its way to Colorado it goes. So we’re living in a hotel for the next week or so which could be better and could be worse. Snuggle Bug is handling everything really well so far which is a big relief for me. I was quite worried she would freak out and I’d damage my child forever. Can you imagine in her little world leaving the only house you’ve ever known? That is a huge change in her little world.

The hubby took us out to dinner after we got checked into the hotel. We were both so tired and Snuggle Bug was just grouchy and ready to eat and go to bed. But the food was good and its always nice not having to cook. I’m sure after a week or so of take out I’m going to be dying for a home cooked meal – even if I’m the one cooking it. I will admit since it’s my birthday I was hoping for a little cake. Something about birthdays just makes me crave cake. Yum. Now I’m drooling about cake. Maybe I’ll run by Wal-Mart and get a small one just to celebrate our move and my birthday all in one. I think that is a good enough excuse for cake.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! And, you HAVE to have cake. :)

    ReplyDelete