Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Checking In

It’s that wonderful time again. Yes, its babysitter interviewing time. It feels like I just did this not too long ago actually. I put ads out, interviewed each candidate, thought long and hard and finally found a sitter. The sitter I chose the first time was very sweet and Snuggle Bug just loved her. She has great availability, was educated and experienced. Then a few months later whenever I’d call she’d have classes during the day and be working weekends and evenings so she was never available. It was quite a letdown to go through all that only to have a sitter flake a few months later. Especially during a deployment when I needed the extra help. I’m hoping this time around is a bit better.

I was speaking to a friend of mine last night who told me she couldn’t imagine having to find a sitter. She only leaves her children with family. I really envy people who have family nearby to help with occasional sitting.

In other news, we’re pretty well settled here in Colorado, as I mentioned in my last post. The area is beautiful, the people have been nice and I feel very comfortable here after the last couple of weeks. We’ve got pretty much all the boxes unpacked now, except for the office which I’m not touching until the hubby gets in there and sorts some things out. It’s mostly his stuff anyway. So reasonably that room will stay that way until he decides there is something he needs and has to go through everything to find it.

Snuggle Bug did quite well with the transition. There were some rough nights at first with her trying to get used to her new room but we’ve finally gotten into a good routine and she is much happier now. I say that as she throws a huge toddler fit in front of me for no apparent reason. I guess she wants me to wrap this up. I just thought I’d check in and let everyone know we’re doing well, getting settled and should hopefully be posting more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment