Monday, June 15, 2009

Good Surprise!

Sometimes when you’re having a bad day its amazing how something can unexpectedly turn it all around.

I've been feeling a bit down the past couple of days, not sure why. We're coming to the end of the deployment but I’ve still got a few more months to go so I’m just going through a rough patch. Snuggle Bug has been in a growth spurt and teething which has made for some grumpy moments and since we're hitting the toddler stage she is into everything. It can be very tiring.

We went to the grocery store and she through a huge fit on the way out. Serves me right for going so late in the morning but I got caught up with stuff I was trying to do before we went. I went over budget which always bothers me because I'm picky about that sort of thing. I swear it seems like each trip gets more and more expensive for some reason. Snuggle Bug screamed on the drive home, despite my efforts to pass her toys and snacks, which made for a lovely 20 minutes. Once we got home she ate her lunch while I put away the groceries and then once she went down for a nap I decided to rest for a bit myself. The sad part is even after that nap I’m still tired.

But here is the good part….

After we got up from our naps, had snack time and played I got a knock at the door where a surprised was waiting for me.

These!


Aren't they pretty???



He has no idea how much these flowers made my day.

For Mother's Day he sent me a gift certificate for a massage. Here it is middle of June and I still haven't had a chance to go cash it in. Maybe soon.

I gave the delivery woman a strange look because I didn't think she was at the right house. I looked and thought "It's not my birthday" lol. But they were indeed for me! Now I've got to find a good place for them so whenever I look over at them I can have that reminder of how much someone truly loves me. I've really got myself a good man!

3 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....awwwww

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you do! How sweet is he :)

    I think you should do as he says and get that massage. I remember those years. It gets easier though, I promise. Well, until they turn 13 LOL

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and big (((hugs))) about the burn post. I hope your hand is better now :)

    ReplyDelete