Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Its not the heat....its the humidity!

Summer is upon us!



Oh my is it hot! We have an “Excessive Heat Warning” today because we’re about to break the 100 degree mark. Yesterday I met a friend for dinner (50 cent taco night, yay!) and it was so humid that just walking from the car to the restaurant door caused us to both break a slight sweat. You'd think after two years in Georgia i'd be a bit more climatized to it all. Honestly I shouldn't complain too much though. It is currently 102 degrees in my hometown and 112 degrees where the hubby is located. Poor guy, I honestly don’t know how he stands it. Thankfully we don’t have a terribly long time until he is back home with us.

I started my class yesterday for the Summer quarter at school, I’m taking Fine Arts appreciation. I know I know, sounds like a gimmie course and usually anything with the word “appreciation” is. But I need a fine arts credit and since I’m doing my work online this is the easiest way of going about it. I’m less than six classes away from finishing the coursework for my Associates degree and I’m so ready to move on to my Bachelors. It feels like I’ve been working on this forever. I started it before I got married then with moving a few times, having a baby, working and just life in general its been a stop and start process. But seeing light at the end of the tunnel makes me happy.

Well, I should be off now so I can get Snuggle Bugs dinner on the stove and get my Jambalaya simmering!

No comments:

Post a Comment