Monday, April 26, 2010

Another Monday Morning

All is quiet in the house. The hubby is off to work, Snuggle Bug is still resting quietly and I’ve been milling about the house since 6am. It’s a pretty calm morning, so far. I did, however, wake up with one teeny tiny question……



WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?
Snow at the end of April? Seriously?

My home town is going to have a high of 83 today. Do you know why? Because it’s Spring. Apparently Colorado missed the memo.



I know I’ve been talking a lot about the weather, springtime and such but you have to keep in mind I’m from the south and even though I’ve been living in colder climates for about 3.5 years now, that still apparently isn’t quite enough time for me to enjoy the fact that it stays colder much longer around here than I’d like. I’m just ready to pull out the spring clothes, plant some flowers and sit on my back porch with a glass of iced tea. Doesn’t that sound so much better than schlepping about in that lovely dirt and snow mixture while bundled up to look like the kid from a Christmas Story, “I can’t put my arms down!”? For me that will only work when the holidays are coming up and you’ve got enough warm Christmas cheer to combat the cold winter sludge.

Nonetheless, Snuggle Bug and I will make the most of it. I’ve got a few projects in mind and once she wakes up and has breakfast we’ll venture out to pick up some groceries and a few other items. Now a positive to all this cold, I can get to a few more stores before my cold items thaw out too much. See? You always have to look for a silver lining.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like my yard too. It is making me nuts, and I have lived here my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the snow. It pains me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I thought IL was bad! Well, spring HAS to officially return sometime. Thanks for stopping by my blog for New Friend Friday!

    ReplyDelete