Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Whole Wheat Banana Flaxseed Mini Muffins

I love spending time in the kitchen. Getting in there and experimenting with different flavors and textures relaxes me for some reason. So yesterday on a whim I hopped into the kitchen and decided to whip something up. This is what I came up with…..





Whole Wheat Banana Flaxseed Mini Muffins

1 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons milled flaxseed
3 bananas, mashed
¾ cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
Dash of fresh grated nutmeg
¾ teaspoon cinnamon

Combine wet and dry ingredients separately. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
Bake at 375 for 12 minutes. Makes 32 mini muffins.

I want to call these “healthy” but I have a hard time saying that with so much sugar in the recipe. Next time I make these I’m going to try substituting 1/3 cup agave nectar for the all the sugar in the recipe and maybe a scoop or two of wheat germ.

Either way, they are super yummy and Snuggle Bug gobbled these up as soon as she tasted one. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment