Friday, April 23, 2010

Look! It's a Lawn!!

LOOK!!



Can you see the difference? You see that green stuff? Its grass!

After about a month of living with a dirt backyard after the straw and netting blew away they finally came and put in the grass yesterday. It is so nice to finally have a lawn. The dogs, of course, ran out to break it in immediately. That was nice of them, eh? After I got that cleaned up I let Snuggle Bug go outside to check things out. I’m ashamed to say this is her first lawn. At our old house we never could seem to get the grass to grow and it was so gross out back that we never let her play out there. But not anymore!

So now comes the fun part when we turn it into our own backyard oasis. I’ve been scanning craigslist daily for patio furniture I can rehab and I’m hoping to find a little swing set for snuggle bug. Then again there is a park literally across the street so we may look for something else. I don’t know yet. I just want to be able to finally enjoy our outdoor space for once. I keep reading blogs where people have taken the crappiest looking stuff and turned it into something really amazing. I want to try that myself! Any tips from the rehabbers on what to look for in furniture or rehab projects? I’d love to make some fun one of a kind stuff outside of the small craft projects I already do.


Side note:
The Girl Creative
Friday Follow

If you're over from Friday Follow or New Friend Friday let me know!

17 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you. I am glad you stopped by. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello from FF!
    Looking forward to reding more of your blog.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog... found you through New Friend Friday at Creative Girl Blog. Like the grass... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops... I'm at http://www.mytottravels.blogspot.com thought I'd mention it because I see you have a little one and you probably do a fair share of travel... our site is www.mytotstravel.com and if you guys are renting in SA or renting a CARES we offer a 10% discount for active military. Just email me to get the discount.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from New Friend Friday! I like your blog! Please tell your husband thanks for serving, I appreciate all our military does for us!!

    Have a great weekend!
    :)
    Rachel
    http://averyfan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog, love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see it! Looks lush and beautiful. I'm sure Snuggle Bug is loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Blog!
    I am your newest follower from Friday Follow!
    I would LOVE for you to stop by my blog and follow me too! :)
    www.aubutfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great!!

    I would definitely start looking for a patio set. They have plenty on sale verywhere! You can maybe choose a swing set for your little one or a picnic table?
    Flowers would add a pretty touch as well!

    I wish I was there to help. =)

    There are many great sites out there. Try the DIY show off on google.

    PS. You have such a cute daughter. Can't wait to see the results.

    Stopping by from ff

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mayra, a patio set is definately on my list of things to look for. Thank for the compliment! Your little pooh bear is adorable too! Thanks to the new followers i've got!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by Tattered and inked! Your blog is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. How perfect to have your lawn right in time for summer. So...I say a baby swimming pool, a couple of lawn chairs and a sprinkler would be tons of fun for you and your little one. Just sayin'.
    Happy Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my little blog :) LOVING your blog!! Excited to follow!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting me from new friend friday...your blog is very sweet. I'm going to follow you for sure!
    Love the new grass too.
    We just got a house that has a huge grassy backyard. My girls' first!!! Our other backyard was dirt and weeds and rocks. So...I hear you!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY for grass!!! We re-did our backyard last year and wow what a diffference! We laid new sod as it was just so lovely!!

    Have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so great! Your daughter is going to love it!! I see you are a fellow CO blogger. So great to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! I'm poppin in from Friday Follow (on Sunday-LOL) to be your newest follower. Hooray! Come follow my blog! :) (Please?)

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    www.groschengoblins.com

    ReplyDelete