Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First Birthday

Today is Snuggle Bug’s first birthday! I cannot believe the time has gone by so quickly but here we are! It has been a year of so many exciting changes and developments and a sad year as we had to say goodbye to daddy as he left on this deployment. Last night, after Snuggle Bug went to bed, I began making all the birthday preparations. It may only be the two of us but it doesn’t mean we can’t have a great birthday anyway! I’m not much of a baker, as you will probably find out later on, but I decided with the help of some boxed cake mix and a can of frosting to make Snuggle Bug some birthday cupcakes....

Yum, Funfetti! I know I need to buy a new muffin tin but this one has served me well for so long I think i'll keep it a little longer.
Time to mix! I do actually have a decent stand mixer but this was what was clean. Plus, with this you get to lick the beaters when you're done. Mmmm, cake batter.

Time to pop them in the oven! 350 degrees for 20 minutes. I believe the box said it would make twenty cupcakes and since this was my only muffin tin, needless to say this process was repeated numerous times.

I didn't burn them.....yay!! But if I had, it is nothing that a jar of pink frosting can't fix! Like I said before, I just don't bake.

And here is the birthday girl's special cupcake! There are more, but this one is the prettiest of them all!

So I didn't burn down the house last night and that was the most important thing. But now i'm left with 20 cupcakes and myself in a house.....hmmm not a good combination! Maybe this is the time to practice that will power thing everyone is always talking about.


No comments:

Post a Comment