Sunday, February 22, 2009

This is the day that doesn't end, yes it goes on and on my friend....

I would say that I’m a reasonably patient woman. I’ve built up my mommy tolerance slowly over the last year plus years of being a nanny and babysitter. But today was one of those days. Last night I got a phone call from the hubby at 1:30am so due to my late night I got a bit of a late start this morning…..and that set the tone for the rest of the day. Snuggle Bug woke up in a mood that carried on throughout the day. She didn’t want to finish her breakfast and wanted my full and undivided attention at every moment. I normally try to set aside times throughout the day for play time with her but that didn’t work for her today. During her nap I tried to snag a quick bath but the phone wouldn't stop ringing. Of course that is when everyone has something urgent to tell me. Snuggle Bug was getting into everything she shouldn’t get into and I barely sat down trying to keep up with her rampage. I have truly got a toddler on my hands now. I confess when I was reading her bedtime story I breathed a sigh of relief that the day was over. But now I get to worry about all those chores that didn’t get done today. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day so I’ve got to make my meal plan, shopping list and organize my coupons tonight. I’ve got time to have one glass of wine from that bottle I opened last night, right? I have no doubt the laundry and dishes will be waiting for me once I’m done.

No comments:

Post a Comment