Thursday, February 26, 2009

Learning to be a morning person


I am now on the quest to become a morning person. Before having Snuggle Bug I was always a night person. I was raised in a family of night owls and I can remember going grocery shopping at 10pm when I was just eleven years old. By the time I hit my teen years I was generally up till around 3am….which was only two hours later than when my mother was going to bed. By the time I hit college I would be up till 4am and purposely try to schedule my classes after 10am so I could roll out of bed at 9:15am and get ready to go. This sort of thing is fine when you don’t have children but now that I answer to the name "mommy" things have got to change. Most of the children’s activities I know of begin in the morning and I don’t want her missing those because mommy didn’t want to get out of bed. I have even noticed Snuggle Bug getting into the same habits as me. Trying to push her bedtime later and sleeping later into the morning. So now I’ve decided I have got to become a morning person. I don’t want to go as far as waking up at O'dark thirty with the hubby, but it would be nice not to have to fight with myself over getting up each morning. It feels like I’ve tried this so many times before. I try to get to bed early and set my clock for 6am, approaching the idea of being a morning person with great fervor. Then I roll over at 6am wondering what I was thinking and consequently roll out of bed later than I would normally. Tonight I’m going to seriously make an attempt to go to bed early and to crawl out of bed at a normal hour. On the rare days where I have been able to change my schedule to something more workable I have noticed an increase in my energy. I always seem to get a lot more done and I’m generally more pleased with myself. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment