Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yum Yum

I woke up this morning feeling fairly motivated and decided to make pancakes for Snuggle Bug and I.


I found a great recipe for homemade pancake mix and i've had the mix sitting in the pantry for a few weeks. I love homemade convenience food mixes!


Homemade Pancake Mix


By Wendy Mink


4 cups all purpose flour


2 cups whole wheat flour


2/3 cup sugar


2 tablespoons baking powder


1 table baking soda


INGREDIENTS WHEN MAKING PANCAKES:


1 egg


3/4 cup milk


The mix will stay good for up to six months in an airtight container, I just put mine in a freezer bag and wrote the instructions on it. To make them, just mix 1 cup pancake mix with 1 egg and 3/4 cup milk.


Not the most beautiful in the world but they tasted good. I love the addition of the whole wheat flour, it gives it a lovely flavor. Since it made a few more than I needed, the dogs got a yummy treat for breakfast too!

No comments:

Post a Comment