Sunday, February 22, 2009

Losing weight the real estate way!

We are currently in the process of selling our house. With the market being so slow and another PCS, meaning Permanent Change of Station for those not in the know-basically moving, being immanent in the future we have been talking about doing it for some time now. After I got back from seeing the family in Texas I went ahead and interviewed some realtors and got the house ready to be put on the market.

Are you looking for a good weight loss plan? Well, I’ve got one for you…..sell your house! I painted all three bathrooms, hallway and laundry room and all the other rooms have a fresh coat of paint already. I’ve placed new mulch in the front flower bed and pulled the weeds and turned the soil in the back flower bed. Picked up all my dogs “presents” in the backyard. A lovely job I assure you. Rearrange furniture, shampooed carpets, de-cluttered closets, cabinets and any other storage, rearranged pictures and spent ample money for staging certain areas of the house. One month and four ads on craigslist, one add on a local site later I have lost ten pounds but the house has been sitting here for four weeks with only one showing. Definitely disappointing after all the work I’ve put in.

The realtor is telling me that it is just a slow market and we’ll have to wait and see what happens. But we put it on the market for exactly this reason. I would really rather us not be saddled with two mortgages have a repeat of out last move. Let me tell you, not fun.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment