Monday, February 23, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

It is Meal Plan Monday! This is the day I make my meal plan and do my grocery shopping for the week.

Meal Plan Week of 2/23:
Monday: Hawaiian Chicken w/ rice
Tuesday: Potato Soup
Wednesday: Rellano Casserole
Thursday: Flounder w/ asparagus and salad
Friday: Chicken Pot Pie
Saturday: Take Out
Sunday: Crab Stuffed Shells

It all sounds good, doesn’t it? I got lucky today and the grocery store was fairly empty so I was able to comparison shop a bit more and keep a good watch on my budget. I was only able to find one coupon for this week’s trip, for rice cereal, but it is still 75 cents saved! I even had enough money left over to buy three snazzy new reusable grocery bags. I had bringing home so many plastic bags only to watch them pile up and end up in the garbage. So I can say today I made an attempt at going green; though the checker didn’t seem too thrilled with my choice. Maybe she was just having a bad day?

No comments:

Post a Comment