Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Clean House = Clean Start



I woke up this morning with a thought in my head and a good amount of motivation. We’re staying in Kansas and I know it. So rather than fighting it and living in misery for another 3 years, I’m just going to start as fresh as I can. Clean house = Clean Start. So I’ve taken today to clean and scrub this house top to bottom. Both dogs have gotten a bath, I’ve cleaned behind the fridge and stove, scrubbed the kitchen and dining area floors by hand and vacuumed and steam cleaned the downstairs carpets. Tonight after Snuggle Bug hits the sack I’ll be cleaning the carpets upstairs and then probably scrub down the bathrooms. After everything is clean I’m doing to start going through the closets and getting rid of clutter. I’m going to do a huge spring cleaning of this place and then jump into making this house the cozy home it should be. I’ve already got a few projects in mind. Hopefully I can keep up this enthusiasm.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Liz :)

    Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy!

    I haven't back read to much, so I don't know where you're from, but I know what it's like to be a fish out of water. I'm from California (born and raised), so living on this side of the country was a culture shock LOL I felt that way you do when I lived in VA, but Ohio is much better, so don't think the whole mid-west is bad. Maybe you'll get transferred somewhere else and like it better :)

    Anyway, thank you for your sweet comment!

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rue! It is so nice to know someone out there understands! I'm from Texas originally (the hubs is from California though!). Thanks for the comment!

    PS. I love your blog, I keep telling my hubby how much I want your house LOL

    ReplyDelete